Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Nope, it's Christmas

Ok. So my last post WAS titled "It's Practically Summer." But I was using hyperbole. Or a parabola? Or a hypoallergenic? Whatever. Y'all are smart. And whatever you may have been led to believe by my previous post, it is COLD. BUTT COLD if I might be so bold.

But then, it's supposed to be cold at Christmas, right? Because who can go to German Christmas Markets (Christkindlmarket) and pay ridiculous amounts of money for a Christmas ornament (I just accidentally typed organ. Ha!) when it's not cold outside? And you can't drink mulled wine from an adorable green boot cup thingy at said market if it's not cold, right?



(Yes, that's really what the market looks like. Little red and white tents. But they didn't draw in the thousands of people who were there, too.)

And snow is quite purty. Oh, gray sky, how gorgeous you are. Really. Isn't everyone's favorite...color...gray? Hmm.



Ok, but from the INSIDE of my house, the snow looks pretty! Look at how it lays so perfectly on the branches. I feel like I should be singing Christmas Carols and drinking eggnog as I look at this picture. Ahhh, the holidays.


But just one word of advice. If you're going to live where it snows, you really should invest in snow boots. Really. Trust me. Because otherwise you're stuck like this poor girl.



I mean what kind of idiot would not have snow boots and live in Chicago? And then be stupid enough to think that tights and pants, with flat slide on shoes would keep her from falling on her butt in the snow/ice AND keep her warm. Certainly not ME. You know me better than that.

(By the way, I wear a 9 1/2).

3 comments:

  1. I recognize those shoes! Now be careful what you wish for----you might get some UGLY but practical boots. Mrs. Claus

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Christmas ornament is nice, but a Christmas organ would be awesome!

    Today's really the first day it's been butt cold here. I think I'm gonna hunker down until April.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've been to that German Market, drank the mulled wine and froze our asses off too. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete