Monday, May 23, 2011

My Proudest Moment

On Friday, the Breakthrough Youth and Family Services had its 10th annual Youth Awards Night.  Dinner under a tent, a robotics demonstration, artwork, dance and drums, the night was absolutely awesome for the 450 or so friends, family, youth, volunteers and donors who showed up.  As a tutor myself on Thursday afternoons, I was excited to celebrate the hard work of our kids.

And yet the thing that struck me the most about the night wasn't the awards or the cute dance or the great bucket drummers.  It was this video, "My Proudest Moment" (which I actually didn't get to see until today).  Watching it reminds me of the wonderful work that Breakthrough is doing.  That God is doing through Breakthrough.

My proudest moment?  Being even just a tiny, itsy-bitsy little part of the work that God is doing in this community and in these kids' lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment