Sunday, July 17, 2011

A new look

Having somewhat settled into life back in DC, the next obvious thing to do was to update the blog.  But because I am:

1) technologically slow
2) somewhat lazy when regarding said technology

I...

3) decided to keep the blog address (hydeparkheroes.blogspot.com) as it is and just change the title and pictures.  Nifty!

The main picture you see here at Capitol City was taken last night, as the last few guests of a small "welcome home" party grilled, talked and watched the sun set and the moon rise.  It was pretty breathtaking, if I do say so myself.

And I have a feeling that our life here, especially in the next few years, is going to be breathtaking as well.  From new jobs (me with inmates, M with economists), to a new apartment- and hopefully someday soon a new home of our own- to old and new friendships, the whirlwind has already begun.  But in a city and among a population that likes to pride itself on how busy they are, what does it mean to live well here, to work for and create calm and peace in every day life, and to live intentionally in relationship, where most people have a deeper relationship with their blackberry or iPhone?  I think we have a lot to learn.

And one last thing.  You'll notice that the title of this blog is Capitol City (hence the picture), not Capital City.  Though both could work in this particular context, because I'm always trying to make the world a better place, I leave you with a link concerning the difference between the word "Capitol" and "capital."  It's really not that hard, people.  Thanks, Grammarist.

It's good to be home.

1 comment: