Thursday, April 23, 2009

Apparently the economy is bad

One thing that struck me (over and over and over again) while we were visiting and making connections in Chicago a few weekends ago was a common thread/statement from all of the hiring managers that I spoke with. They said it to me as if it were a revelation from God, or that they were letting me in on a secret.

The economy is bad.

Wait, what???!!! Are you serious???!! When did this happen???? I've heard NOTHING about it, especially in Washington, DC, where I live! OMG! What are we going to do??????

Then, imagine my surprise when I opened CNN.com and, wouldn't you know, they were running a story called "Love in a time of Economic Crisis." And then they also had that great piece of journalism on tips to save money by not eating out. Wow. I had never even thought of that!!!

In all seriousness, I don't mean to poke fun at the economic depression we're in. But really, people. I get it. And I don't need to read about how to find love in the midst of it, or how to not go out to eat, or have some dramatic headline like "DEPRESSION 2009" on the news (or my internet) every night. On that same note, I also don't need to know anymore about Bristol Palin and her babydaddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment