Monday, April 20, 2009

Overheard: how kids rule the world

I've decided that Mondays will be my "Overheard" days. I'll tell funny little stories about something I recently overheard, we'll all laugh, and then talk about how great it is to be masters of the universe. All in a day's work.

Last week, M and I were walking home from the metro when I heard a man talking to a little girl. Let's assume it was a father and daughter, which is probably a fare assumption. This is how the story goes:

Girl: ...my friend's mom was going to make him go, but then my friend started whining and so then he got what he wanted.

Dad: So that's how you guys get your way?

Girl: Yep. We whine.

Dad: Is that like an unwritten kid rule or something?

Girl: Yeah, dad (said sort of like, "um, duh!"). ALL the kids know it. It's just like an official kid rule. And it works every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment