Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Overheard: Airplanes

Let me start with this disclaimer: I don't want to be that jerk that complains about the kid that always ends up sitting behind me on an airplane and kicks my seat constantly. Because everyone knows that I really love kids, and we hope to have a brood of our own one day. But seriously...let's work on children not kicking things in general, unless it's a ball.

Anyhow...

On our way back from Chicago a few weeks ago, this little girl and her mother were seated behind me. Cute kid. Horribly behaved. It was an interesting ride, to say the least. I'll tell you more about it later.

As the plane was getting ready to land, the stewardess passed through the cabin one more time to pick up any more trash. Suddenly, in a VERY loud voice, I hear from behind me:

HEY GARBAGE LADY!!!!!

The little girl behind me, in the hopes of getting the attention of the stewardess is yelling at her. Her mother, mortified that she just called the stewardess "garbage lady" is doing one of those "whispering but really loud because you're mad" sort of things about how you don't call people "garbage lady" (note: wouldn't you, though, if they were in fact a garbage lady?)

I died laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment