Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Attack of the Swine

I don't actually know that it was swine flu, but it makes it more fun, doesn't it?

This weekend, I came down with something. And by something I mean head spinning, coughing my lungs up, throwing up and a fever. Fun times, right? Oh, and did I mention that I got a flu shot three weeks ago?

In case that wasn't fun enough, my infirmity coincided with my parents' trip up here to visit our new digs. I was fine Friday night and most of Saturday, but Sunday was just horrible. Being sick when you have guests? Not fun.

But now it's Tuesday night and I'm finally on the mend. Granted, I can't really talk and that whole coughing the lungs up thing is still going on, but my head isn't spinning quite as much and I don't feel like I'm going to lose my lunch (or dinner) every five minutes. And it HAS been nice to spend the last two days sleeping, since that's been few and far between since the ridiculously loud radiators first turned on. I've been so out of it that I've actually slept through the whistle and clap of those darn things. The flu, or swine flu or whatever, really takes it out of you.

And maybe just to show the swine whose boss, I'll have bacon in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are feeling better! We had a great time visiting in Chicago. You are a wonderful tour guide! Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete