Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Odds and Ends

There are a ton of different things I've wanted to blog about but just haven't had the mental clarity to compose a full, witty blog post. So here they are as jumbled bullet points.

-People who take up an extra ten feet when they parallel park really annoy me. I know that at your undergrad schools of Princeton, Harvard and Yale you had valet parkers, dear Chicago students, but please learn. Thank you.

-We bought a Mac. Yep, we did it. A MacBook Pro to be exact. Don't know what that means but we are loving it! Believe it or not, we've saved up some extra money and with our other computer driving me insane nearly every day, we decided to go ahead and go for it. Man, I'm a believer.

-The radiators are on here. It's October 6th, people. Oh, and it was a high of 60 today. Did I mention that they radiators first came on hissing and whistling at 4:30 this morning. That was pleasant.

-M is really good at this school stuff. I thought I was smart, but I look at his homework sheets and it looks like another language. What a smarty pants!

-I love my new job. Love, love, love it. And I actually love my commute...I drive right by the lake, then cut across at approximately the Sears tower (or whatever it's called now) and out to Garfield Park. It's weird to love a commute. But there it is.

-I have yet to make cookies for the neighbors, but I'm taking some in to the office tomorrow.

-I have as of yet not met any Chicago gangsters.

-I have not been to Starbucks once since moving to Chicago. Not even once.

That's all the news that's fit to print round these parts.

1 comment:

  1. welcome to the world of Mac! you haven't been to starbucks- yea...but have you been to garretts? tasty popcorn!

    ReplyDelete