Sunday, November 1, 2009

Domestic Goddess


I'm not into calling people "goddess". I think it's just a little ridiculous. However, when it comes to ME...

I'm a domestic goddess.*

As M studies for his last midterm on Monday and I recoup fro
m our huge Annual Benefit (over $880,000!!!) I've spent the day wandering the city, grocery shopping, folding laundry and making delicious treats. Like the oh-so-delectable Reese's peanut butter cup cookies. Want the recipe? Why, here it is! I made it up myself (or, rather, modified the chocolate chip cookie recipe I've been using since I was about 8.)

1 stick of unsalted butter, softened
3/8 C sugar
3/8 C brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
one egg

Mix all of these ingredients together. Add...

1 1/8 C flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbp creamy peanut butter
a dozen or so smashed up Reese's Peanut butter cups

Bake at 350 for exactly 10 minutes. Let cool, if you can keep yourself from shoving them in your face. Other leftover Halloween candy can also be used...I'm going to try Baby Ruth next time.

You see? I'm a Domestic Goddess! Now I'm going to go make a spicy stew for dinner and then probably iron something. Or something.



*I am a domestic goddess as far as cooking goes. Cleaning is a whole different story.


No comments:

Post a Comment