Thursday, November 19, 2009

These People Cannot Drive

I hate to make such sweeping statements, but...

1. Drivers in Chicago do not move if they even HEAR a siren somewhere off in the distance. "Wait, is that a siren? I'm going to stop in the middle of the road so the girl with the DC tags has to swerve to miss me!"

2. Lanes do not matter here. Admittedly, some of the lanes are quite narrow on Lakeshore and on Congress Parkway. However, this does not mean that you can be halfway in my lane. I will honk at you.

3. Yellow light means stop. For the rest of the world, red means stop. Oh no, not here in Chi-town. YELLOW means stop. Sometimes green means don't go, too.

4. It doesn't matter if you're going into or out of the city during morning or evening rush hour. You will sit in traffic. Period.

5. Rubbernecking is a city-wide sport. Even when it's just looking at a construction site.

Don't get me wrong. DC drivers (or, rather, Maryland drivers) are pretty horrible. But Chicago? Well, there's something special about Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment