Sunday, November 8, 2009

I hope this is a sign



It's November 8th. And it's currently 64 degrees outside. Do I need to remind you that we live in Chicago? The city where everyone talks about the ridiculously cold winters? I laugh at you, Chicago weather!

It was such a beautiful weekend that I took some comp time on Friday and M and I went on a fantastic picnic. Just about a mile from our house is a phenomenal and relatively unknown area: Jackson park. Originally used for the Chicago World's Fair in 1893 (no, I will not get tired of talking about it), Jackson Park is a maze of ponds, streams and beautiful wooded areas, and the perfect spot for a picnic. Especially when it's in the 60s outside.


We ate prosciutto, cheese and french bread, lounged on a blanket and enjoyed the beautiful day. (Minus the goose droppings, which seem to be everywhere. Stupid Canadians.) M even took a break from studying for about four hours! This is big, people.

So maybe Chicago weather isn't that ridiculously scary thing that everyone keeps warning me about. I mean I was certain that it would be snowing by early September the way people were talking. Ha! It's already NOVEMBER! Take that!

(Remind me of this post in February when it's -20 and I'm whining about the weather.)

2 comments:

  1. dreamy! reminds me of 'Devil in the White City' - I assume you have read it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is actually the area that the landscape architect (I can't remember his name...the Central Park guy) designed and is talked about in Devil in the White City!!! You're the winner of the day!

    ReplyDelete