Sunday, August 8, 2010

Multiplying Like Rabbits


We're not.  At least not yet.  If possible, we would like to have lots of kids (4 or maybe more).  But like I said, we're not the ones multiplying like rabbits quite yet.  Check back in a few months.

I'll tell you what's multiplying like rabbits.  The Hyde Park rabbits, that's what.  I kid you not, we saw at least ten rabbits of all shapes and sizes on our walk yesterday.  In the bushes.  In the road (hmmm...someone might want to talk to them about that...) In the grass.  Granted, if I could live in the bushes near this, I probably would, too.


At least rent would be less.

Why should it surprise me that there would be rabbits galore in Hyde Park?  I don't know, maybe it's because CHICAGO IS THE THIRD LARGEST CITY IN AMERICA!  (I mean it's not exactly Mr. McGregor's garden.  Even though the British do now own the formerly-named Sears Tower.)  And yet, here they are.  In all their cute, hippity hoppity splendor.  In the middle of a city.

And I have to say, there's something beautiful about that.  That nature continues to exist in this little corner of Chicago.  One of the things I love most about Chicago, actually, is its green space.  It was designed that way- parks galore.  And I appreciate it.  Trees and grass and beautiful flowers are a much-needed break from pavement, skyscrapers and highways.

Now if only I could find my recipe for braised rabbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment