Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My Bank Account Thanks You

Remember how a couple months ago I blogged about getting reimbursed for some doctor's bills that I had (wrongly) paid and insurance had (wrongly) not paid?  Oh you don't?  I'll refresh your memory here.

Notice the date of that post.  August 1st.  Notice the date of today.  October 5th.

And that, my friends, is how long it takes to get a reimbursement from the University of Chicago Hospital Center.  Two months and four days.  Did I mention that somehow in that time they were still able to send me another bill?  But not a reimbursement?  Oh, right.  Of course.  (Please note, we got our tax refund check last year in less than two weeks.  I'm just saying.)

Oh, and the icing on the cake?  We got the check yesterday.  Then, when M got the mail today...there was another check.  For the exact same amount.  From the exact same hospital.  For the exact same account.

You can't make this stuff up.

(And no, we are not going to cash check number two.  Or rather, M says we can't, despite my plea that it's the payment of "interest.")

2 comments:

  1. Typical. And yet, so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the joys of being an adult with health insurance! I'm sure it's only going to get better!!!!!

    ReplyDelete