Friday, June 26, 2009

I'm in the movie

That’s right, friends. M and I are GOING TO BE IN A MOVIE!

Now before you get too excited, let me explain. As you all saw from the previous post, my office building is being used for the Reese Witherspoon/Jack Nicholson/Owen Wilson/Paul Rudd movie currently being filmed in Washington, DC. Yesterday they started setting up for taping again, and this time they brought out the big guns. Lights EVERYWHERE. Literally, all over the block. Wardrobe rolled in. Director’s Trailer parked outside. Much more “stuff” than before. And taping was to begin that evening.

Being the naturally curious people that we are (cough cough), M and I decided that we would sit out on the patio at the restaurant next door to our office (Bobby Van’s) and “see what we could see” if you know what I mean. M studied film while in college, so he’s into the camera angles, etc etc etc. Let’s be honest though, people. I’m in to seeing the celebs. In case you hadn’t already figured that out. And in case I haven’t told you about my myriad of sightings. I know, I’m ridiculous. Whatever.

So we sat down on the patio in a prime “viewing” spot, ordered our drinks and…well, sat there. We watched really, really pissed off drivers trying to get around the massive light trucks. We saw them hose down the sidewalk (uh, what?) We saw attractive-looking people walk back and forth in front of us (apparently Paul Rudd stood right near our table, and I didn’t even notice…which a co-worker, who was also there, told me later). We watched big black SUVs pull up, then pull away. La dee da, what fun. M even saw the director (again, can you tell he actually cares about the “making” part of making a movie?)

Then, I think somewhere around the second drink, another big black SUV pulled up a couple yards in front of us. At this point it’s getting late so we know the “stars” are about to show up. And lo and behold, hopping out of the back of the SUV is cute, sweet Reese Witherspoon (and she is itsy bitsy). Hey, cool! And look, there’s Paul Rudd, who I actually recognize now! They’re making a movie!

So we began to wrap up our imbibing when we hear, “EXCUSE ME! EXCUSE ME! I’VE JUST BEEN INFORMED THAT THIS AREA IS GOING TO BE IN OUR SHOT.” Yes, reader, this was our big break. We were informed to “look natural” and “don’t look at the camera” (where the heck IS the camera anyway?) as soon as we heard “ROLLING, ROLLING, ROLLING.” And they took about ten different takes.

Reader, I NAILED it. I looked so gosh darn natural, it looked like I WAS a natural. I twirled my champagne, looked into M’s eyes, and pretended to say something witty. I’m sure they caught it ALL. Granted, M said we won’t be much more than a background blob, but hey, I had on a BRIGHT ORANGE shirt, so at least I’ll be able to pick out my part of the background blob.

I’ll be signing autographs this afternoon if anyone is interested. Just call my agent.

3 comments:

  1. Bah! Hilarious. Many congratulations to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you were fabulous! Do you think you will be invited to the premiere?

    ReplyDelete
  3. you nailed it? that's hilarious...i'm a sucker for this too. they filmed a scene right down the street from where I live for an upcoming Demi Moore/David Duchovny movie and we hid out for hours to try to see them to no avail. Looks like ya'll had more luck.
    Also, didn't know you husband studied film in college...cool.

    ReplyDelete