Friday, June 19, 2009

My building is famous. Maybe I will be, too.


Yesterday around noon something strange started to happen at our office building. All of a sudden, I noticed someone putting up a bus stop outside of our office. “Uh, what?” I thought. “I wonder what bus line this is going to be? Horrible for traffic.” Then, about 2:30, I started to notice furniture appearing in our building lobby. Weird “doesn’t belong here” sort of furniture (pleather benches and large sofas. That do not belong in our 1920s beaux-arts office building). As a sidenote, I should say that my office building, The Bowen Building, really has quite a beautiful lobby. Black and white marble floors, beautiful wood paneling, all very high class. So what was with the bus stop and the tacky furniture?


When I finally left the office in the early evening, I stopped to ask the man vaccumming the carpet for the tenth time what exactly was going on.

Dude: “We’re filming a movie here.”

Me: “What movie?!” (trying not to act TOO excited-when it comes to celebrities, you have to act like you don’t care)

Dude: “It’s called ‘How Do You Know’ with Reese Witherspoon, Owen Wilson and Jack Nicholson.”

(silence/crickets)

Me: “Here?”

Dude: “Uh, yeah.”
End of scene.

So reader, my office building is going to be famous!! Granted, they’ve covered up the part where it says our organization’s name, and the lobby is almost unrecognizable at this point. But this weekend and next, Hollywood’s brightest stars will converge on my humble (working) abode to film scenes for their movie. And I’m just a little bit proud.

Isn’t it just so unfortunate I’ll have to come into the office this weekend to get some work done? Maybe Jack Nicholson will buy me a coffee.
Note: the map above should not be used to mob Owen Wilson.

No comments:

Post a Comment