Monday, February 15, 2010

Table for Two


M and I aren't really into celebrating Valentine's Day (mostly because my birthday is two days later...wink, wink, nudge, nudge), but this year we decided to replicate the amazing breakfasts we had on our honeymoon in Croatia. What does this entail? I'm glad you asked! Prosciutto. A fresh baguette. Two types of cheeses. Fruit. Rich hot chocolate. Strong coffee. (Let's be honest, the only thing missing is wine...and since it was breakfast....well I'm not THAT much of a lush). And really, does anything say "I love you" quite like bread, cheese and prosciutto? I think not!

*WARNING* IT'S ABOUT TO GET A LITTLE SAPPY*

Looking back over the three years and a few months that M and I have been together (about one and a half of marriage), I'm pretty sure that I couldn't have created anyone more perfect for me. It is literally amazing to get just a small glimpse through M's love for me of Christ's love for His church...even when she is emotional, irrational or selfish. (Of course I am NEVER any of these. EVER). How good God has been to us...for our love for one another, yes, but more importantly for His love for us!

We will now return you to your regularly-scheduled witty and sarcastic postings.

3 comments:

  1. Are those roses in a JAR?????? Where is your crystal vase?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete