Monday, July 6, 2009

I watched cartoons this morning




I got to the office gym this morning for my before-mentioned "morning gym" routine and was flipping through the channels on the TV in front of my machine when I came across a channel that was showing a bunch of the old Hanna-Barbera cartoons. And so I watched them for my 33 minutes (yes, I know that's a weird number, but whatever) on the eliptical machine. I literally LOVED watching them...it was a great way to start off a Monday.

And here's the thing: in my enjoyment, I realized that if people watched cartoons more often they would be happier, nicer people. We are so over-stimulated by news, politics and celebrity stuff that we've forgotten how to laugh. Cartoons, in all their ridiculousness, help us not take things so seriously. Who can be uptight when they're watching the Wacky Races? Or Yogi Bear? This is not to say that we shouldn't pay attention to the news (if I hear one more thing about Michael Jackson or Sarah Palin, though, I will vommit), it's just to say...well....let's lighten up a little.

I choose to do so by watching Penelope Pitstop and Dick Dastardly (with his dog Muttley, of course) You should consider it, too.




By the way, does anyone remember Hanna-Barbera Land in Houston? I vaguely remember this theme park, that's now Splash Town, the water park....



3 comments:

  1. Maybe I can get P into cartoons...it could be a great way to start the day!

    Hopefully the cartoons will continue to lure you to the gym and keep a smile on your face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was time I keep up with my friends and read your blog. Interesting. Do you watch Bart Simpson or do you consider that a cartoon? Sorry I missed your call on the 4th. Please try me again.

    ReplyDelete