Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Overseen. With bonus material: We really did just do that.

First, I give you Overseen, episode 3.

Yesterday as I was walking to meet M at the metro, I was stopped by a red light. I was looking around, as I'm prone to do, and there, lying on the sidewalk- actually in the little handicap access ramp that leads from the street/crosswalk to the sidewalk- is a man. He's in spandex workout gear. And he's doing what appears to be sit-ups extremely fast. And he has some free-weights next to him. Did I mention that he is on the sidewalk? On the corner? Of I Street and 16th Street, one of the busiest intersections in DC? At rush-hour? Doing these weird hiccup-like sit-ups? In the middle of the sidewalk? I am seriously considering getting the dude a real gym membership. Along with that other guy who runs through the streets and, when stopped by a red light, runs around in circles yelling "HEY! HEY! WOOO! YEAH!" in the middle of the intersection. Also in spandex.

Bonus material:

My work friend N and I just raced up the elevators. Like as in she went in one, I went in the other, we both pushed our floor and we "raced" to see who would get there first. She says she won. I'm not so sure.



And yes, we raced in the elevators of a "high class" law firm building (our government organization is renting the space). And yes, we've both graduated from elementary school.

If you sat in a cubicle all day, you would probably do the same. All in my quest to lighten this city up, one worker/exerciser/traffic person at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment