Sunday, July 26, 2009

Short but Sweet.

We just returned from a much-needed four day family vacation with my extended fam. Good time, good food, good weather, good beach. With the stress of the move and the big date looming (We move August 30th!) It was really wonderful to get away for a few days and do nothing but...well, relax.

And these, dear readers, are the two pictures that best sum up the feel of the vacation. Yes, that's M. And yes, he's happily snoozing (ok, not really snoozing but at least relaxing) under a couple pounds of sand. Is there anything better than this? He would probably say "Yes, if I had a PBR in my hand." Which he did most of the time, come to think of it...

And then this, below. All I can say is that this is the face of a happy woman, who is not concerend about a job in Chicago, or world peace or international economic development (these are the things that keep me up at night.) This is the face of a woman who woke up to the sound of the surf outside the sliding door, drank Mike's Hard Lemonade (yes, I know it's a girly drink. I'm a girl. Get over it.) and ate so much seafood it almost made her sick. And this is the face of a woman who apparently has many more freckles than she ever realized. Interestingly enough, a family friend once told me that freckles are kisses from angels. If this is true, M's probably going to want to have a little talking to with some of them angels...

1 comment:

  1. I recently had someone tell me I had gotten my freckles by looking at the sun through a colander. I like your angel kisses explanation much better. So glad you guys got some good R&R!

    ReplyDelete